A vital element in soccer drills is the fact that good communication and playing skills are of utmost importance which provide the basis for developing young players. When they get senior, these players will positively impact the game.
It’s your duty as a coach to make them clear the goals that need to be accomplished after their training on the basic drills has been completed.
In soccer training, majority of the coaches are not able to communicate to their players the fact that it takes a lot more than putting the ball into the goal to develop into a good player.
Let’s chat about some soccer drills which will allow your players to move up the ladder of success in the game in addition to supplementing it with a touch of enthusiasm.
1. Out of all, passing drill is the first and the most important drills. Herein, there are two cones placed down about 10 yards away from one another. Then 5 players are lined up at the back of each cone. One player will start with the ball from one of the two lines and then pass the ball to another player on the opposite line.
2. Once this first player has passed the ball, they would then run about on the outside of the cones. They’ll then head back to that very line to which the ball was formerly passed by them. Continue to do this until all your players get an opportunity to pass the ball at least a few times.
3. In your soccer practice, when you’ve started carrying out this drill, initially allow your players at least two touches each on the ball. As a coach, make your players practice to use first touch for seize the ball and the second one to prepare it for a pass.
4. Keep in mind that it’s vital that the ball stays close to the player’s body following the first touch. This comprises the first few soccer exercises on which the players must have been trained to develop their skill of retaining control of the ball. The second touch will be used to pass the ball to the opposite line.
5. It’s pertinent that you start training the players on kicking the ball with the inside of their foot while they are still in the process of learning to pass the ball. This will help them make a smooth pass to the player in the opposite line.
6. You can now progress to the next step of the drill in which the players are required to use only one touch. As such, it requires the players to pass on the ball to another player right away, the moment he gets the possession of the ball.
So make sure that the players are very fast in moving towards the other row as this drill is incredibly fast paced.
You can equip yourself with a lot of vital information, guidelines, tips, articles, and newsletters related to soccer drills by joining our youth soccer coaching community.
So don’t just sit there, join now.